Monday, December 1, 2008

Amazing 'JUNGA'



Junga… a small village 40 kms away from Shimla, Himachal Pradesh..
A very beautiful hill station in the lap of nature.. A place away from noise and pollution…
A place that existed somewhere in my imagination… A place which is as beautiful as its people….
A place where everyone fall in love…. A place called as Junga A Land of Love….

I got this opportunity of visiting Junga last year i.e., final year of my college for our fieldtrip.. I must say it was not just a fieldtrip which taught me in terms of the place and its culture but also in terms of life and how beautiful it can be…. It was something which is still alive in my memory…. As if I just came back from there or may be the cold winter nights are reminding me of those cold nights.... amazing place…. I feel as if I lived a dream… scenic beauty that I composed in thoughts…. Such a beautiful creation of God it is…. Must say… like a heaven on the earth… at least for me from the places I visited till now it was something different… A place in the lap of hills…
One strange thing about Junga was 98% of total marriages there were love marriages… and it was belief of people there that Junga makes people fall in love… Well.. no comments on their belief ;) ;)
One reason of why am writing on Junga is… it is something I can never forget...…. how about living a life where your day starts with your favorite espresso and a long morning walk in the hills.. Followed by a work you love to do... which was study of culture of that place and interacting with people.. Playing cricket or any other game in the evening with the localites... and after a tiring day… a peaceful night with your friends… And few things I prefer not to mention here… Aah!! life can’t be better…. Well I don’t think I missed anything there except few people I left here in Delhi… :)
Now when I think of it I really feel it was a dream…. How can life be so good…… and perfect….. or I would rather say… I loved those imperfections as well… whatever it may be I would love to go there at least once again in my life…. Life was different there…. Completely different….. and it was like a dream world for me…. Really AWESOME!!!!! :D

7 comments:

Unknown said...

hey it was a grt place
i think evry one wish to accompany u thr nxt time to ur dreamland
it seems to b really amzing n excited place or u really had made it so gud n exicting dear
grt gng

Nitin said...

well what to say about JUNGA really a place of love... u'l surely fall in with...
its been 1 year but memory of just yesterday, unforgettable..
D u write it in such a manner yaar that as if everything will nw jst erupt from the memories...
why do u do that...
but still i loved, it u just continue writing more n more. thats it
God bless u Dear :P

Deepika said...

hmm... thats what i wanted ... to recall that beautiful time...and you all were part of it.. to make it more beautiful.... :)

Krishnadas said...

Nice one ..... I liked the part about 98% of marriages there being love marriages ... Interesting statistics .... What makes your writing good is the fact that you write it proper "dil se" .. make sure it stays that way .... never try to be someone you aren't .. Keep up the good work ... :D

Educationist Rana Vikram Singh said...

Great to know more about you and your creative side....

Keep up the spirit.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I have an old connection to this beautiful place and infact , I never thought I would find many people who would know about its existence. I used to go there often when I was a child but then work , city and the jazz got better of Junga.

You have made me visit the place today even though I am a few thousand nautical miles away from there as I write this. You make me want to go there right now. I wish I could fly.

Cheers,
Sharad