Saturday, January 30, 2010

I am gonna miss my college days :-(

Today was my last exam of last semester and now my college is officially over…. And I am an MBA now…. I dunno whether to smile or to feel sad…. But I choose to be happy :-)….

It was great experience being here…. Two years…. I learnt many things…. Now when I look back I feel….the changes… It’s the similar feeling I had when I graduated two years back… how time changes and how life keeps on moving without a pause…. People come… people go…. We laugh we cry…. Some really low moments…. Some really high…. Life is so beautiful in its own way….

In my last 2 years of MBA I met many people…. I was attached to many…. And worked and enjoyed with everybody I came across…. I discovered a different me…. More self centered, bad and self indulged me… And I improved as well in terms of public speaking, anchoring, organizing and so on…

All I can now recall is that first presentation when I was shivering with stage fear…. That first interview for organizing committee… those events we organized and clubs inaugurated… first event I hosted…..those proxies… talks….. Hanging out at shopprix and spice mall every now and then….. bunking classes…. Rehearsals… Practices….Improvements… Exams…. And so on…. Life was always fun and exciting here….

I have learnt very good problem handling skills and stress management….. How to meet deadlines ;)… by completing a week long assignment overnight… All those group tasks which compelled us to stay up all night with our gtalk on…. All those frequent semester exams….

These two years of my life were really good… I know what I have learnt….. I can sense the changes in me… I met some really great people…. I would not name all of them here but yes my marketing professor late. Professor S.K. Jaimini had a great impact on me…. I still miss his presence every time I achieve something…. :-(

My internship was like a turning point which gave me a very good exposure and learning experience and I really appreciate my boss who was not just a boss but also a strict teacher who taught us practical management lessons….

Apart from these two people….. I met many who contributed to my life in one or the other way…. I was encouraged, appreciated, criticized and discouraged time to time…. But it always added towards my learning and helped me to learn and become better with every step…

I would love to mention the names of people who were always there for me… whether we talk daily or not and those who were always there for me as a life supporting system…. But I’ll not because I don’t wanna hurt anybody my skipping their name by mistake….. :D…. those who are special for me know this and understand this….

Everybody expects from their family because they are the people sent by God for us…. It’s very difficult to find people outside family from whom you can expect…. And I am one lucky person…. I met such people at every step of my life….. :-) :-)

I feel that I am kinda detached soul…. But still I miss people from my past…. Places… time… memories… tears and smiles…. I can relate to everything I left behind…. And touchwood I feel blessed because whenever I look back I find my people standing there for me… :-)

Now, I am going to start with my professional life… I just wish all my friends and acquaintances all the best for their future endeavors… I hope to stay connected with you all…. God Bless you….

And thank you God! Muaah :D..

41 comments:

Unknown said...

The best part about this article and you in general is :
But I choose to be happy :-)

Good Write and All the best for the new life.. I am sure you will enjoy it!

Cheers,
Sharad

ashish said...

i was xpectng that u ll post sumthng as ur xams end...and u did the same....;et me read it!!!

ashish said...

even i was going through aal this on the last day of my coll....but as u said that wh u look back u find ppl standng for but y u never tried to hold thm wd u??

Garf said...

Happy journey ahead and a big welcome to the professional arena. :)

The only thing that gets better with time are the good old days. We may never get to relive them but we always do have them with us.
Cheers !

Amit said...

All the best :)

Deepika said...

@Sharad
Thanks dear... I just hope for the best :D

Deepika said...

@Ashish
yayy! I am becoming predictable... Good for me :))

One of my prof suggested
"Deepika, please be li'l predictable otherwise its gonna trouble your boss alot" he he

Well... When life changes its not possible to move with everybody.... We all get involved personally and professionally.... But whenever once in a while when we feel like knowing how they are doing and what are they are upto... they are there waiting for rhe same moment to get back in touch...

this is how life keeps on going :D
Peolpe living in their different worlds stay connected in heart :)

Deepika said...

@Garf
Very true... :)
thanks! :D

Deepika said...

@Amit
Thanks!

Randeep said...

Wish you all the best dear.

Creativity said...

Wish You All The Very Best Success Dear :) :)

Saif Farooqi said...

It always feels good when you advance from one level to another ... moving from school to college ... graduation to post graduation ... and then to a job or the next level ... the in-between stages always have mixed feelings ... you feel sad about leaving something behind and at the same time you are happy and excited about the new experiences that are going to occur ...

... You said that whenever you look behind you find your people behind ... just would like to add that there are other people also who are there, whom you may not consider "your" ... you may not realize, but even they are standing behind :)

All the best for the future ... and I wish that very soon another post will be coming up in which you write about your promotion, and you'll mention the same mixed feelings that even though you are excited about the new responsibilities ... you're a little sad about leaving behind your previous work ...

Vinay Sharma said...

hey .. congrats and best of luck ahead ..

Jaunty anima said...

Oooh...congratulations!!

I like that 'But I choose to be happy'
Cool...u have a way to go!!:)

Prashant said...

hey Deepika..we all are filled with these mixed feelings :) sometimes sad and sometimes happy. sad because of loosing the fun and beautiful time we spent during college and happy to see ourselves in corporate world where new world of opportunities and challenges waiting for us. Needless to say you have been a very sincere and thoughtful person in your academic life and i hope you will maintain the same attitude in your professional life too. All that i can say is all the best for your future and keep writing here as there are lot many people who seem to be as interested to know that what's happening in your life as you are..take care

Rohit Dassani said...

Best of luck for your new life....College is always the best part of life...the other one being school....but it will be the most impactful one... i wish to go back to college once again....but life goes on....I am very happy that you accomplished something truly amazing....friends...MBA....moments....God...there is so much more...!!!

Well all i can say is... Have a great new life!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Even i was confused that should I congratulate or say I am sorry for you to leave your college and people you love..... But I choose to congratulate as you chose to be happy... :-P

Congrats and All the best for the future.... I have no doubt that you will be gr8 in your career... Pressure will be there but don't ever back out, becoz u have the talent and blessings of god and all the people you know... So chill and njoi the life...

Sathish Chandrasekaran (சதீஷ் சந்திரசேகரன்) said...

Now comes the hard part of life ,
anyways all the best for it :)

school & college days are always sweet ,treasure the memories forever :)

keep blogging
cheers !!!

Unknown said...

Be happy, now and forever..All the best for your future..Keep blogging..

The Aspirant said...

hey life is too fast dat everything passes so soon.........u r entering in professionsl lyf nd still u myt feel dat only ystrdy u hv started ur graduation.....
yeah everyone misses dose old daz....
nd i really lyk d way u hv faith in God,u jst thank him fr everything.....hope he vl alwaz prove ur faith ryt ...

cheers :)

Merlin said...

This post brings back memories of 3 years back when I left business school... Best of luck for your professional life!!

Soujanya said...

you reminded me about all the fun n masti at college...i think i am knowing you more through this blog than what i knew u in college

Always be positive

Souji

bhogadi.paul said...

Deepika, i remembered my college days while reading your blog..i liked the sentence when i look back there are some people who r der for me ..........and many more like who inspires meeee and met many people who discouraged me and encouraged me through that period ..

bhogadi.paul said...

Deepika, i remembered my college days while reading your blog..i liked the sentence when i look back there are some people who r der for me ..........and many more like who inspires meeee and met many people who discouraged me and encouraged me through that period ..

suchanda said...

today is my last colg day...........
this time i wil be happy that my study is at list complete but some how i dont realize this happiest moment..........
as becoz i leave my colg frndzzzz, campass, canteen & teacher's lectures(that was really boring)but we spend so much fun during class time................i can not express in my words that how i miss my colg day..........this time im really so much immolational......... im a student of siliguri govt. polytechnic. electronics & telecommunication engineering.......
after some day i admit a new colg for my b.tech course.......
but i did not forget my sgp's sweet memories

suchanda said...

today is my last colg day...........
this time i wil be happy that my study is at list complete but some how i dont realize this happiest moment..........
as becoz i leave my colg frndzzzz, campass, canteen & teacher's lectures(that was really boring)but we spend so much fun during class time................i can not express in my words that how i miss my colg day..........this time im really so much immolational......... im a student of siliguri govt. polytechnic. electronics & telecommunication engineering.......
after some day i admit a new colg for my b.tech course.......
but i did not forget my sgp's sweet memories

ritika jain said...

Ur blog is awesome...keep Blogging...!!
Find me at:
http://www.kaamnagreensikka.com

Regards,
Ritika Jain

krishna said...

best of luck dear

krishna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
debashis said...

we all r moving from school to intermediate and slips to engineering or medical and we all are happy with that environment,with the mind baffling character friends,its like we r in a seven heaven....and live in our own world,no restriction,no barrier.....but still i dont know why i miss the line .....JUST LOOK A BACK...WHEN we pass our 10th class our parents,beloved ones,our teachers all starts with a common tune, you can say a slogan that we have to listen many more time ahead....same in 12th and now in eng also.....and truly we all r get irritate with that slogan....but today when we realy freed from them we remebered those line and think "kas koie bo line hume phir se bolta" and this is life...the thing to whom we mostly avoid oneday...the day come we have to accept it.....this is how life keeps on going....gud luck...

Manish Shankar said...

I have read this blog more than 100 times in last two years. I like the way it has been written.. Simply Amazing..

Unknown said...

i was last day when i leaving my clzz nd going to home....my some frnds had gone and some came with me to say bye......
i was started weeping nd feeling that something v special i leaving....
bt i dont know what nd cant express the sadness nd pain which i felt in words.....
i whish that they people stay with me for ever.....nd god bless them.....................

Unknown said...

if i had a choice ,yeah i always wanna be there.....

Unknown said...

loved the way you ornated your article!!

Unknown said...

Felling same .... i dont know what to do..collage is my life and i dont wanna lost it ...

Kkashyap Chatterjee said...

Ur blog is awesome...keep Blogging...!!
Find me at:
http://www.myheartreviews.blogspot.in

Regards,
kkashyap

Kkashyap Chatterjee said...

Ur blog is awesome...keep Blogging...!!
Find me at:
http://www.myheartreviews.blogspot.in

Regards,
kashyap

balaji said...

very nice post:) it made me remember my days in college :)

Anonymous said...

great yar !!

Unknown said...

TOmmorow my exam will start.. last semester and last exam... ndi feeling so sad.. nd after reading ur article.. i jst feeling crying..

Unknown said...

Nc ya super